Episode 50: Co-Leaders Mel Orchard & Vicki Slater on Restructure of TLCs Graduate-1
“We’re trying to empower the students and really all of ourselves as Trial Lawyers to be able to utilize every means available to communicate our clients’ cases. That’s really the bottom line of it and to make sure we all know ourselves and take care of ourselves so we can be available to help our clients.” – Vicki Slater, Grad-1 Co-Leader
In this episode, I talk with the co-leaders of the newly structured Graduate-1 program, Mel Orchard & Vicki Slater. I was able to take a backseat to the first-launched program last year and it was really incredible to see how they brought the TLC Graduates out of their comfort zones with theatrical arts and music as well as trial skills. Mel & Vicki talk highly about the effectiveness of bringing creativity in as an important skill in the TLC methods and how this can relay to the jury in trial.
Included in this Episode
- Ideas around the new structure
- Why it is important to showcase creativity within the TLC Methods
- Creativity in course structure of Grad-1
- Graduate responses to the new structure
- Information about the creative guests that join the Grad-1 Program
- TLC’s General Course Information
- 2020 Course Registration & Application Page
- Washington Regional Registration
- TLC’s Youtube Channel with Updated Content
Episode Guest, Mel Orchard
Episode Guest, Vicki Slater
elect for AAJ’s Council of Presidents, second vice chair of the Women Trial Lawyers Caucus, a member of the Public Affairs Committee and the Election Committee, and serves on the faculty team of the Trial Lawyers College. She is a past president of the Southern Trial Lawyers Association, and in 2010, she received the Mississippi Business Journal’s Leadership in Law Award. Vicki is currently running for House representative of Mississippi.