Episode 45: The Power of Place with TLC Faculty Member, Rafe Foreman
“It is a very lonely business. It is a very isolating business. As a matter of fact, a lot of people don’t have the intestinal fortitude to do it, so they don’t practice criminal law or they don’t take cases against a county, a municipality, or a police department because it’s not politically correct in their world. This (TLC) is a world of lawyers who do the right thing, who do the tough thing, who represent the damned, the downtrodden, and the voiceless. It’s a very lonely place and we need a place for those kinds of Warriors and souls to congregate and recharge to let people know, ‘you’re not alone'”- Rafe Foreman, 2002 TLC Grad & Faculty Member
Rafe Foreman joins me in this episode on one of the most important topics for TLC; The Power of Place, specifically, Thunderhead Ranch. Rafe graduated from TLC in 2002 and joined the faculty the same year. He has served on F Warrior Board in addition to being a long-serving member on the TLC Board of Directors from 2005-2014. He has spent many of his years teaching trial lawyers the powerful methods of TLC, he is also a professor at UMKC. Since he joined the faculty, he has also been providing spiritual insight to TLC Lawyers into what TLC is all about, the importance of having a place for Trial Lawyers, and how Warriors have resided on the lands around Thunderhead Ranch for many years.
Rafe is also the Faculty Leader of our Florida Regional Seminar on Voir Dire methods on April 26-28, 2019. He also tries to join the faculty teams for TLC’s 3-Week College when he is not busy with trial advocacy, traveling or teaching.
Included in this Episode
- What’s powerful about having a place
- Why a “home” for trial lawyers so important
- How the Thunderhead Ranch is the spiritual home for the Trial Lawyers College
- How Rafe send attorneys back into the real world after spending time at the Ranch
- Register for Voir Dire in Jupiter, Florida to work with Rafe Foreman and his Faculty Team on April 26-28, 2019
- Apply to TLC’s Flagship 3-Week College to understand how powerful Thunderhead Ranch really is
- So I Said, by Gerry Spence
- History of Thunderhead Ranch by Executive Director, Laurie Goodman
- UMKC School Of Law Faculty Bio
- It’s Our Community [Video]
Interviewing Rafe Foreman
Rafe Foreman joined UMKC as the Douglas Stripp Dean’s Distinguished Professor and Director of Advocacy in 2011 after an acclaimed career as a trial lawyer. He served as a litigation specialist, including criminal defense, plaintiff’s personal injury, civil rights, employment, discrimination, wrongful death, excessive force, and 1983 actions. He has advanced education in psychology at Fielding University and at the National Psychodrama Training Center. Professor Foreman is a 2002 graduate of the Trial Lawyers College and now serves as a faculty member.