“Always be willing to be flexible — don’t get so married to your methodologies that you can’t change those, too. It is in preparation and hard work but it’s also in willing to be open to the ideas of others.”
This week, Todd Kelly of Austin, Texas, joins host Rafe Foreman to kick off our new podcast series titled ‘Reconstructing Success’ with an engaging overview of the importance of preparation and planning as a trial lawyer, particularly in the scope of pretrial. In discussing the strategies applied to some of his most recent trials, Todd explores the ideal balance between flexibility and consistency and the value of varying one’s approach to win justice for their clients.
- In August, TLC is back and better than ever! Register for one of our upcoming in-person seminars today and get ready for a reunion like no other:
- Graduate Course I, August 8-15, 2021
- In Defense of the Damned: Criminal Defense Seminar, August 15-23, 2021
- Graduate Course II, August 22-29, 2021
- Regional Seminar: TLC Trial Skills Foundation, October 10-16, 2021
- Washington Regional Seminar: Opening Statement, October 21-24, 2021
Episode Guest, Todd Kelly
Todd Kelly is Board Certified in Personal Injury Trial Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and is an “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell. Todd is licensed in Texas, Oklahoma, Virginia, New Mexico, Colorado, and Pennsylvania.
Todd has dedicated his life to making America safer. He began that service as a Marine Corps combat engineer officer. He now continues that work by protecting those truly injured people who will never get the justice that our system promises to them without holding greedy, powerful corporate entities responsible for the damage they cause. As a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, as a member of the Executive Committee of the Texas Trial Lawyers’ Association, and as a past president of the Capital Area Trial Lawyers’ Association, he is a staunch defender of our 7th Amendment Right to Trial by Jury in all cases with a value exceeding $20.00.