Episode 31: Terry Lenamon Talks Death Penalty Case in Florida
We are going to continue sharing our 2007 TLC Graduate and Faculty Member, Scott Glovsky’s interviews with some of TLC’s faculty, board members, and students, hearing their stories and how they continue to bring justice to our nation. Today, Scott interviews Terry Lenamon, a 2011 TLC graduate. In this interview, Terry expresses how a recent death penalty case involving a young man accused of committing a brutal murder had a profound impact on him. Listen in as Scott Glovsky interviews Terry on Trial Lawyer Talk.
Included in this Episode
- What it feels like to have a mans life in your own hands
- The synopsis of Terry’s clients’ story (Byron Burch)
- Childhood, Addictions, & Psychic Problems
- How Capital Cases are distinctly different from other trial cases
- Using integrated case approach
- Florida litigation requirements have changed in the past couple years and will change again
- Aggregating factors surrounding Terry’s client
- How Terry uses TLC methods in his cases
- How the public sees “The Death Penalty”
- Click here to register for In Defense of the Damned Criminal Defense Seminar in Dubois, WY, June 19-27, 2018
- Florida Death Penalty Information
- Lenamon Law Trial Lawyers
- Terry Lenamon Death Penalty Blog
Interviewing Terry Lenamon
Terry Lenamon graduated from Trial Lawyers College in 2011 and has been on the TLC Faculty Team since 2016. He has taught the last two years at In Defense of the Damned week-long Criminal Defense Seminar in Dubois, Wyoming at Thunderhead Ranch and will teach again this year. Terry started his career as a public defender in Florida in 1993 and transitioned to death row cases in 1998 and has thus tried 14 cases with no death verdicts. Terry continues to amaze us all with his dedication to his clients and the college.
Host, Scott Glovsky – Trial Lawyer Talk
Scott graduated from TLC in 2007 and has been a faculty member since 2014. He has been practicing law since 1993 when he graduated from Cornell School of Law. Scott’s practice emphasizes personal injury and is nationally recognized as an advocate for the rights of the injured and insurance policyholders. He has received numerous awards for his work, including the California Lawyer Attorney of the Year Award, Consumer Attorneys Association of California’s “California Street Fighter of the Year” award and the “President’s Award of Merit” from the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles.